Monday, November 4, 2013

A Light, A Color, A Dog

I saw a light the other day that was a bright yellow cage light. Pendant. Sooooo very pretty.

I knew I could make something just as fun, but really did not need one nor did I want the yellow color.

Well, my youngest daughter just got this funky orange polka dot area rug for their living room (completely out of their comfort zone, amazing what a Mom can talk her daughter into buying!) and I knew that I had funky orange spray paint in my basement arsenal.

So, I found this: a $5 metal plant basket.
 
   I had this in my closet: a $4 light cord from Ikea

Oh yes!

No, wait...the light kit does not fit the basket. Boo.

I will make way.....think, think, think.

Canning seal!!!

Oh yes I did!

 I cut the hole in the middle and attached it to the basket with metal glue aka welding epoxy.


Yes, there IS such a thing, who knew? My husband I guess since when I was looking for something to use on the basket, I ran across this above his tool bench! Yippy!!!

 
I let it sit for 24 hours to dry and then took it to the garage to paint.
 

Isn't it a fun color!!!

I brought it into the house to sit for 24 hours to allow the paint to cure
and then inserted the light kit.

Here it is! Fun, funky and if my youngest daughter still reads my blog all the way to the end, and leaves a comment, it is all hers, to put in the corner of her living room to look so super amazing with that fun new rug!!



And here you can see that our male dog, Ernie, is beyond hyper over the new light!

Well, if the light tasted like a hamburger, I am sure he would be hyper....maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment