Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life Changes, Again, and again and again.........

Life..... crazy, contented, full, boring, joyful, sad, sigh filled, laughter filled, the list goes on and on.

New directions are taken, old ones held on too. We change, over and over again. As women it is even more frequent! I know that for me, life can change moment by moment and yet stay the same for long periods of time.

But, one thing in my life NEVER changes. God. I change....boy do I change! I try to be what God wants me to be all the time, failing miserably and having victories on a seemingly daily basis.

And then let's add in all the people and things that surround me that push me into changing even when I don't want to.....I don't believe we can wake and begin a day without pressure from some outside force wanting us to change. I mean, really, how many times can a company "re-make" a product!!! All new! Improved! All in an effort to get ME to change....purchase their product instead of the one that I currently use, ugh!

Environmental changes....it is spring here and green and other beautiful colors are popping out all over the place! OK, this is a change I LOVE!

Family, moving away. To a place I love, to a church I love, to friends I love. It IS a good thing, but again, it changes my life drastically!

Well, a song that speaks to me SOOOOOO LOUDLY is where I choose to Stand today. In the midst of change all over my life, I CHOOSE to STAND.

"I'll stand with arms high and heart wide open,
In awe of the ONE Who gave it all,
I'll stand, my soul, oh Lord, to You, surrendered
All I have is Yours,
All I have is Yours.
"

God is security, love and peace....even in a crazy, ever changing life....like mine.

3 comments:

  1. Paula, first of all, I LOVE the new look of your blog!!

    Secondly, I HEAR YA!! I now am understanding more fully why this part of life is called THE CHANGE!!! But AMEN to your encouragement that we can hold onto the Unchangableness of God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how life changes Kate! Praise HIM for HIS unchanging love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never a dull moment here! So grateful for God's Unchanging Character!

    ReplyDelete