Thursday, December 9, 2010

Life, Blessings and Dogs



I always think that I have to have some really cool, crafty thing to put on this blog or else there is no reason to blog! Well, today, I will just fill you in on life. My life.
My husband LOVES his job! Praise the Lord from Whom ALL blessings flow!! We are blessed in this area to have this opportunity for him and Give God all the Glory for His amazing gift.
Our children are all serving the Lord in really different areas of the country and ministries. From music, to teaching, to teen work, to going into correctional centers to work with incarcerated teens....we are so very proud of the work that our children do. We are blessed by all 6 of them and are so amazed at what the Lord has done in our family. (If you are wondering at that number...our family includes in-law children as our own...as God has given them to us, just not in the same way as our children, but just as wanted and loved!)
Have I shared with you that we have 2 crazy dogs? We do. I tend to call them "freaks of nature". The female (sister from same litter) has a superiority complex and refuses to lower herself to the level of chasing a silly little ball. She sits on the back of the couch as a cat would and looks down on the male dog. The male dog, on the other hand, is feisty, plays, catches balls in mid air and can be completely annoying. They were gifts to our children. Our children got married, moved, left the dogs behind....how silly my husband is to gift our children with living things!!!
I have included a picture of our "holiday" dogs....can you see the excitement in their eyes??? No??? Hmmm. (ok, we really feel sorry for their having to endure this humiliation...a bit anyway)
Well, have a superb Thursday, and I shall continue on my quest for the perfect, or best, or sufficient Christmas gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment