Thursday, December 2, 2010

Whittle While You Work!!






Alright...here is my version of a "S'more" gift package. I have seen this 2 other times, once from where I cannot remember (and it looks little like mine) and the other was on HGTV, in which they went the route of a "hobo" style look, and in which I wanted a much more pleasant gift to give, so I got my creative juices flowing and made my own.
I found these perfect boxes while shopping at Wal-mart, the cost was $3 for 5 boxes, which I found to be reasonable.
First, I braved the cold (really cold!) winds yesterday, and went out to my favorite bush, which happens to be 10 feet tall! It is a snow ball bush that my Father planted for my Mother some 40 years ago, and I insisted must stay put when we got the land and built our home there....not sure the deliver drivers were as thrilled with my bush during the building process! But I digress.
Back to the S'mores! I whittled the "sticks" to a point on one end to allow for the roasting of the marshmallows. That of course is the reason that the 2 votive candles are included in the gift...for the roasting process!
Next, I put the marshmallows in a cute clear plastic bag found in any craft department of many stores, and closed it with a cutie pie snow flake seal. I put the chocolate bars in fun glassine bags, which I made myself, as I do not live at all close to a store that sells glassine bags, and did not want to order over the Internet and pay the outrageous shipping charges....soooooooooooooo, again I put my creative juices to work and made my own. I will post another blog about that process at another date.
Finally, graham crackers packaged in cello bags and loaded into the box! I am in love with the dark brown tissue paper that I used which I found through Oriental Trading and bought when they had a no shipping charge day.
The label is simply one that I found as a free printable on the Internet and really liked.
The "string" is a hemp that I tied the roasting sticks together with and also used to tie the box closed with a simple bow.
I hope that this helps you with an idea for a homemade gift to give, anytime of the year, not just for Christmas.
Any questions, just leave a comment and I will try to get the answer to you as quickly as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment