Friday, July 22, 2011

Dinner Anyone???

Before I begin today's blog post, I thought that I would point out that in my previous post, that one generation was missing in the "3 Generations" picture, and YES the pic was taken right in the middle of Mardi Gras in good old New Orleans last year!! Love the adventurous spirit that my Mother has!!

Ok on to today's post...about last night's dinner...hmmmm, here in the midwest, we tend to call supper "dinner" as lunch is the noon time meal. How does fresh marinara sauce, homemade cheese filled fried "ravioli", fresh from the field sweet corn and blackend flounder sound? Yep! Sounded wonderful to me too!!

I began with fresh organic ricotta, freshly grated pecorino romano cheese, mozzarella, grated garlic, spices and an egg. This is the filling for the fried ravioli.




The sauce begins with fresh garlic, tomatoes......












a little spice from some crushed red pepper flakes.....










a sprinkle of kosher salt.....














a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper....leave to simmer for about 20 minutes......















At the end, add in the fresh herbs from the herb garden...here I have fresh basil and fresh thyme leaves.











Get out the all natural egg roll wrappers......














make an egg wash with a farm fresh egg beaten with a bit of milk......and fill! Roll and seal tightly!!


This is what they will look like before frying.

















if all your filling ingredients are fresh, and not previously frozen, you can freeze the leftover filling to use another night!! I love those quick fix evenings!!








and we are frying!! Notice the corn...yum! And just for some green, there is a bowl of steamed broccoli finished simply with a bit of real butter, salt & pepper.












The finish....This, crazy enough, is the last picture I took last night!!! Did not even show you the fish! I was quite the hungry girl!!!



Have an amazing weekend all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment