Thursday, July 7, 2011

A New Project.....Pretty, Pretty!!

I had my Grandmother's small buffet sitting in my garage for some time (5 years!) and thought it time to make it into something that would be of great use to our home.
My Grandmother sadly passed away when I was 8 months pregnant with our son. She had seen me pregnant and was quite excited at the prospect of another great-grandchild, but sadly for us, but pleasantly for her, she went home to be with her Lord and Savior.
I packed this treasure away, and used it in our family room as a couch table for a long time, then it was moved to the garage, for what reason, I have no idea!
Well, I cleaned it off, took off the awkward scalloped back and off to the basement it went again!!!!

My husband and I tag-teamed the sanding process (I am so thankful for the helping person that my sweet husband is!!) I stained the top (after filling in the screw holes that were left from removing the said scalloped back) and polyurethaned it....3 coat please!!!


The base was primed and painted in a bit of leftover wall paint then antiqued with a bit of the before mentioned stain......and............

viola'!!!!! A pretty buffet table to be used for many years to come!!!!

Have an amazing Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment