Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Make Someone Special, Feel Even MORE Special!!

How special would your family members feel if you brought THIS to the table?!!
















Pretty? Yes! Special? Yes! Yummy? Yes indeed!

Difficult and time consuming? NOT AT ALL!!

This was a special Anniversary dessert that I made for my In-Laws last night to celebrate their 54th Anniversary!

And here is how easy it was. In my freezer I had an angel food cake (bought from the bakery section of a super market) a tub of Cool Whip and in my pantry a box of pudding. All these were sugar free, as my MIL is diabetic. I cut the cake in thin layers and simply layered cake, pudding, and cool whip, 2 layers of each. Done.

I keep these small glass cups for dessert specials, and use them often, as I think my family is pretty special! AND....it is built in portion control! BONUS!

But, they look pretty, make you feel special and add very little extra work to dessert time.

I will admit, I have a dishwasher, so it does not add to the work of clean up, but I can see how it would seem "excessive" to the person who must wash their dishes by hand, HOWEVER, you and your family are worth a bit of spoiling once in a while!!

Have a fabulous Wednesday!

1 comment: