Friday, August 15, 2014

This Is How We Do Dinner On The Run

When life is crazy and we are on a constant run, I can drive thru for our evening meal or pull something together that is healthy.

Sometimes, I confess, I will do the drive thru thing, but I always want to feed my husband and myself real food that is good for us.

And this is how I did it in about 25 minutes last night.

Italian Tomatoes
Chicken Parm w/ Cesar Salad


 I cut the fresh tomatoes from the garden and plated them.
 
 Next, a few twists of fresh cracked pepper, a sprinkle of Fluer De Sel Salt
 A drizzle of a good extra virgin olive oil
 And a splash of a really good balsamic vinegar.
 And of course a shower of fresh basil just snipped from the flower pot.
 Just a note: Pay attention while cutting basil with a very sharp knife......ugh.



 To make the chicken I simply used fresh tenders of chicken.
 Bread crumbs that I had in the freezer made from fresh bread that I dried. I used "regular" as I also have gluten free in the freezer for those in our family that cannot have gluten.
 I added salt, pepper and parm to the bread crumbs and simply salt, pepper and milk with the egg.
 Olive oil in the pan, pass the chicken thru the wet mixture and then coat with the dry.
 Fry until cooked thru and golden brown.


 A sprinkle of fresh grated parmesan cheese and....


 And this is how I make dinner in 25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment