Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Trip To Wisconsin

Lead me to a small store on the "main drag" through the small quaint town of Monroe. 

This store is really a year around farmer's market that also sells cheese and wine (shocking, I know, in the great state of Wisconsin) ; ) .  

I quickly grabbed up a local farmers acorn squash, some luscious apples, a bit of locally made cheese and 4 stems of sunflowers. 

Oh wait...a bit of sugar free Amish made candy found it's way into my cart also, just keeping it honest here!

I snapped a few photos of the flowers and apples....mmmmmmmmmm. I just finished eating one as a matter of fact, oh man, the BEST! Fall apples, crisp and juicy, nothing better!




And this is what I do with the acorn squash. 
 
 
Simply prepared with a pat of butter in each half, salt and pepper to top it and in the bottom of the parchment lined pan I put 1/2 cup of water, a small clove of garlic and a tsp of dried thyme.

Seal the foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350*

That's all.

I served it along with smashed fried baby potatoes (which I also got at the open air market, recipe tomorrow) and london broil. 

They guys were very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment