Monday, August 22, 2011

Reapholstering An Ottoman.....


We have a footstool that is used all the time, ALL the time. We have changed baby diapers on this stool, used it as a makeshift chair, coffee table, and of course, put our feet on it!





It was indire need of a re-do.......so, after a trip taken with my Mom, Aunt and Daughter a few weeks ago, which ended in some really cool material shopping, I finally tackled said footstool.








Here is the material that I purchased for the re-do

I decided to add 2 inch legs, to replace the slider disc that were previously on the bottom. The legs however did not come in 2 in length, so I commissioned my husband (through some eye batting) to cut the 8 in legs I purchased into the 2 inch ones I needed.






I cut a square of material to the desired size of the top and sewed right sides together the sides to the top. Pulled of old material, put on new, stapled about 100 staples to the bottom of the "box", added stained legs and voile'!!!! Love it!










Here are the results.












1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! Now, you are amazing -- redoing and posting about it while ON VACATION!!! You are my idol!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete