Wednesday, December 12, 2012

This Is How......

I put my mirror together.
First I decided to do it as inexpensively as possible 
so I found a nasty scrap of "backer board"
I measured to get the center of the board.
The mirrors I bought at The Dollar Store
and I chose 12. I had to take the little "feet"
off the back of the mirrors before gluing!

Next, I used glue to adhere the mirrors
Taped them in place to make sure they did not move
when I weighted them.

 and weighted it overnight to allow it to dry.
Next I painted around the boards that would be my
frame and the glued mirrors just in case
there could be a gap or two.
 
I then cut the boards to length and glued them also
to the board surrounding the mirrors.
Again, I weighted them to make sure they dried
without warping, about 3 days.
After drying, I (well, my hubby did since he was down there with me)
put screws through the back and put hangers on it.
Then touched up the paint and it now
hangs on my wall, and I will have to find another place
for it soon, as we are planning on putting
built in cabinets and shelving around the
fireplace and there will not
be room for my mirror on the wall it now
decorates....hmmmmm, more design
decisions to be made, SWEEETT!

No comments:

Post a Comment