Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Remember This?

 
I had a great need for a light above a work place in my kitchen.
 
Soooo, I made this pretty little tea light chandelier into an actual electric light chandelier.
 
See


And I mean really, who doesn't need a chandelier in their kitchen?
 
Right!!
 
Oh Yes.
 
 
I used a 3.95 light cord kit from Ikea and attached the tea light to it.
 
I simply ran the cord thru the "hanging ring" that was a part of the original tea light holder.

 
Obviously neither end of the light cord would fit through the ring,
so I pried the ring open, hooked it around the cord and closed the ring.

 
 
 
 
The tea light was bought in Door County WI while on a 4 day mini vacation with two of our children. So there is sentimental meaning with the mini-chandelier. The cost of the tea light at the time cost $12.95. But I have had it around the house for a couple of years, it had been played with by little ones and I had robbed the crystals to use for Christmas decorations at one point.
 
Good thing I had kept track of them!
 
I am not usually so fickle with things I buy, but this one just didn't have a true home until this past weekend...so odd.
 
 
Total cost of the light is $17 which is probably more than I would normally spend,
 but for a task light that is "rockin pretty", I am happy with the cost.
 


2 comments:

  1. Paula, that is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I knew that I would eventually find a fun use for the mass of crystals but it took a bit longer than I had first thought. Love you Kate!

    ReplyDelete