Monday, December 15, 2014

Flakey Cookies!

I saw a picture of cookies on Pinterest.

I am not a big pinterest girl, shameful, I know.

I visit it about once a month or so.

Don't hate me...

Last week I saw the above mentioned cookie picture and thought,

"I can make those! And sugar free to boot!"
 
I really like having conversations with myself....I can be quite pleasant!

OK, back to the cookies.


I bought a package of rolled out pie crust (the bottom of the picture said they used pie crust with a very big exclamation point)

and I also bought a bag of sugar free Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

I left the pie dough out to get to room temp. I then cut it in strips and made 14 squares with opposite cuts.
 
Well, ok, 10 squares and 4 triangles.....blast those round pie shapes!

I next "squashed" the pie dough all around the naked PB cups.

I made them naked by taking off their little brown skirts.

Placed the balls on a parchment lined bake sheet and baked them at 350* until lightly browned on top.
After they cooled, I rolled them all in powdered "sugar" which was of course powdered xyltol which is an all natural sugar sub, a ground up plant.

The crispy crust on the bottom was wonderful!! I personally am not a peanut butter person but I liked these. I think it was that crisply crust!



No comments:

Post a Comment