Monday, January 12, 2015

Blogging In 2015


I am going back to blogging....so sorry for the absence.

Well, not so sorry


Because I have been over the top busy.

Life gets that way sometimes and we all know about that.

So, to catch up and fill you in I will do a question and answer time!

Sounds so much more fun than just typing!


Q: How is the addition coming along?

A: Quite well, thank you for asking! (I crack myself up!!!)
 
      Now that I am over myself, the real answer is, we are seeing the end coming near! Paint is going on the walls and flooring is being nailed down! Our bedroom and bathroom are construction wise done with still a bit of finishing work to be done, like caulk and baseboard installation. Mom's bathroom, bedroom and main living area still need flooring and some paint, then on to the trim work and plumbing.

Q: How was your Christmas?

A: Time spent with family is always what makes me feel special. Even tho there was a huge mess in the house, we had a great Christmas full of good food, laughter and love. Nothing better than that!

Q: How did you spend your New Years?

A: Dry-walling. Not kidding. New Years Eve and New Years Day my husband and I were finishing dry-wall. It was a real party!!!!!!!

Q: Are you excited about the decorating part of the work?

A: Ummmmmm YES! But I have to say that the thing I am most excited about is having the rest of the house "normal" again. Taking up the construction paper from the floors, no longer having towels on the dining table, you know, normal.

Q: Have you taken any pictures of the work done?

A: No. Ok, I know you don't believe that, so I will assure you that pictures are to come very soon.

Q: How will blogging look for you this year?

A: I want to blog two or three times a week. I am not even going to try to blog daily as that is just to much to ask of myself.
I really desire to get back to more DIY and cooking projects and less of "look, we have siding!" type of blogging.

Q: What if you cannot blog 2 or 3 times a week?

A: That's ok with me! Really, it is. I am not going to chain myself to blogging because if I do, the joy of blogging will be gone and it will simply become a chore and that is not what I desire. If it becomes a frustration or chore, then I will make the choice to stop.

Q: Is there anything you want to do just for yourself this year?

A: Yes! I want to make time for Personal Joy Time. I see that as those moments or days (wouldn't that be nice!) that are just for me. A time when I choose to do something that simply brings me joy.

Q: What will that look like?

A: It will likely look different all the time. It will be unscripted but planned. Sometimes it will be taking 10 minutes to just relax. Other times it will be taking a couple of hours to wander through an antique mall or play with photography or go out to eat with my husband.
This week it will be going to Green Bay for my annual Mother / Daughter weekend and spend time laughing and shopping and eating with my daughters.

Q: How has 2015 been so far?

A: CRAZY! Already? Yep! Our youngest found herself in the E.R. and is scheduled for gallbladder surgery this week.
Our Daughter-In-Law was the "New Years Baby" the year she was born and I got her card in the mail to late to have it there before the big day....booooo! She is very forgiving tho and we love her dearly!
My Father-In Law has a birthday tomorrow!! We will actually make it on time for his birthday as they live just a few miles away!
Our Son has a birthday this coming Sunday! Better get that card in the mail!!!!

I hope your 2015 is off to a great start and I pray that life can be filled with joy for all of you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment