Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Napkins, Anyone Can Make!!!!

I decided that I wanted to have napkins on the Easter table
that would match the colors I am using in the decorating.
And, truly, the only way to accomplish that is to
make them myself!
I first bought men's white handkerchiefs from the dollar store.
If finances allow, buying a higher quality would make greater sense.
They are 16x16, which is a common size for napkins.
(The material is pretty thin, so be forewarned)
Next, I had to be "ready" for the painting of said napkins,
which includes, my paints (shown in a previous post on vase painting)
and fabric medium. (bought at Hobby Lobby) This is what will make your paint washable,
Next, I used a normal stamp, you know, the kind you would
use for scrap booking or card making....borrowed from my youngest daughter.
Then I "stamped me some napkins"!
Allow the fabric to dry for 24 hours and then
iron the paint to set it! Done and Done!!!
See how well they match the vases I painted...love it!!
Just like that, it all took me about 30 minutes total to
stamp 16 napkins....I only hope it will be enough!
This was a very easy project, and the sky is the limit
as to what you can do with fabric medium and pretty paint!
which is a really important thing for napkins!

2 comments:

  1. Do you paint the fabric medium on first or over the stamping at the end? These are so cute! Thanks for sharing this great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sorry, you mix the medium half and half with your paint! It takes very little paint to do this, so it really is an in-expensive thing to do. Also, if you go to hobby lobby's web site, and sign up for thier e-mails, each week they e-mail a coupon, most of the time 40%off any one item, and it makes it really cheep to get the medium...I try to get things when it is free shipping and the 40%off coupon...keeps things super cheep!!!

    ReplyDelete