Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Crafting.....











Today I simply want to share with you a couple of things that I have been working on for our Thanksgiving table decore.
Now, NONE of the pumpkins are original ideas of mine, the ideas came from other DIY blogs, and I liked the ideas, so I went home and got to work!

The first pumpkins (bottom picture) are simply styrofoam pumpkins that I dug out to make way for the tealight candles....applied modge podge and sprinkled with glitter....I purposfully brushed off some of the glitter (out in the yard, thank you) to allow the orange to show through.

The second pumpkins (second from bottom) are dacopaged (I really have no idea how to spell that word!!) with clearance paper napkins from Target (thank you dear daughter!)

The third set of pumpkins (second from top) are small styrofoam mini pumpkins that I rubbed with gold paint to bring out the golds luster....I like these the best of the 3 kinds I tried!

I am also adding the kind of paint (top picture) that I used to put the glow on the 4 pretty little pumpkins!

I had a great, relaxing time sitting at my table, creating, making a mess and seeing the results. It has been quite some time since I have actually done crafting. I am loving it in small doses, and my next project will be a chalk board for the dining room......hopefully up before the big dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment