Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Mom




My Mom....she is fiesty, giving, frustrating (she is very hard headed.....runs in the family!!) and loves her family with all her being.




Mom has been through alot over the past few years....she lost my Dad 20 years ago, lost her 95 year old Mother 2 1/2 years ago (my Grandma was amazing!) and just lost her younger sister 2 months ago. Not to mention loosing the biggest majority of her site to Macular Degeneration about 4 years ago. But she has remainded strong, and determined through it all. She lives on her own, humbly allows us to take her where she needs to go and helps out as much as she can with all family activities.




My Maa.....a very loving title, as that is what we all called my Great Grandmother, so Maa is a title that is an honor, taught me much, like cooking, be involved, and so many other things, but by far the most amazing thing she taught was.....EVERY child should be loved, not matter what!!! There were days at our home when I was very young, where there would easily be around 15 children sitting at our table for lunch. All the neighbor kids would congregate at our house during the summer for day long baseball games, even though our yard suffered because of it, and during the winters, all were sledding on our river bank!




I don't think I ever saw my Maa not loving a child. She took in any child and loved them, no matter how they treated her or other adults.




This has lead to our opening our home to others....loving as if they came from my own body and WE are the blessed for it!




As you can tell, I love my Maa. And am proud to be her daughter.




In the pictures above, are My Ma loving on our little Natertot.....how cute is he!!! And her very first ever Binget! My husband and I took her to Mardi Gras this year and she had a blast! We kept it very clean, as our son and daughter in law know the right places to be in the midst of the ick that can be.




God is good, all the time. He blesses us in ways that we may not know are blessings until after the fact, and My Maa showing such love to others, has been a blessing and caused blessings in many, many ways.....Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment