Friday, October 29, 2010

There Is Nothing.......



As many of you know, this year has been trying for my Husband and I. He has been through several layoffs, jobs simply ending and all the frustrations that go with this.


We have had joy, anger, sorrow, peace, and any other emotion that you can think of! There were days of tears (me for sure) being ticked off, laughter and simply throwing up our hands in surrender.




A very precious soul sent this to me at a point when I was pretty low and I would like to share with you this quote from Alan Redpath........




"There is nothing - no circumstance, no trouble, no testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circustance will cause me to fret - for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is - that is the rest of victory."




Now, I am not there yet, I still get a bit panicky, and allow it at times to disarm me. But I CAN say that because of this 8 month trial that we have been in, that I am much quicker to "lift my eyes upon Him and ACCEPT it for a greater purpose and blessing in my life"


Has that been easy, no. Has it been fun, no. Has it brought me closer to my Savior, YES. Do I feel His presence in all of this, YES. Am I all that I should be, no. Am I allowing Him to push me in that direction, Yes.




Life, is, as I said earlier this week, un-predictable at best, but My Lord and Savior is as predictable in His love, grace, mercy and molding as ever. Thank You Lord for all that you work on in my life that leads me closer to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment