Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Summer's Last Blast....

I went to my very beleaguered garden yesterday afternoon, and it had a blessing for me! See!!
But what to do with all this??? Well, the tomatoes are easy, but really, how do I use 7 green peppers up before they go soft? Give one to my mother for her soup that she wanted to make for her dinner (she is a widow, so she did not want several, only one) and the rest? Roasted Peppers of course!!

First, cut off the stems, as I roast mine in a hot oven (450*) and stems will burn easily. Sorry for the "pruney" finger tips, water and cold weather will do that to me very rapidly, and it is sooooooooo attractive, don't you think? NO? Me either actually, just being a goof for some reason. OK, I'm done.



Next, after washing (do I even have to put that?) place on a lined baking sheet.


Pour on a bit (I probably used around 2 tablespoons) of veg oil and rub it over all the flesh of the peppers...remember to take your rings off, or they may end up a mess or somewhere you don't want them to be! Mine slip of easily.....not good!



Bake for about 45 minutes till brown and wrinkly.

Place in a bowl and cover with saran wrap to steam. (only for a time to get to a point of being able to handle them.




Next, remove seeds and bubbled skin. See!

Bag and freeze to be use all winter long in things like chili, soup, casadillas, where ever you would use peppers....so nice to have, all organic and completely free!!

Have an amazing Wednesday!


Let me know if there is anything that you would like me to blog on and I will see what I can do for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment