Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Seed Starting


I planted my seeds last night. I am starting plants for our garden.
Organic (certified) soil to start them in...our soil in our outdoor garden is unblemished by pesticides and other harmful things. The only thing that we do to ward off rabbits from eating our plants is to put baby powder around them when they are first planted. Rabbits hate baby powder and will stay far from your precious plants if you use it.
I will keep you updated on the growth of my seedlings.
There are 4 different types of Tomatoes and 3 different types of peppers thus far.
I will be starting my flowers in the next couple of days.
Yes, it DOES save money...my seeds were free,
as I harvested them from the tomatoes of friend gardens, our own garden etc. and the peppers the same way. When my husband likes a tomato we have been given, I am quick to save seeds and start plants to enable us to have those types of tomatoes for our next years harvest!
Have an amazing Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment