Monday, November 19, 2012

Getting Ready!!!!!

One of the ways I am getting ready for our
big Thanksgiving Feast is to have enough
chairs for all to sit!
My In-Laws gave us 4 old wooden chairs,
all needed to be re-glued and structurally
re-worked. One chair actually had a string
tied on it, I cut the string and the entire
spindle on the back fell on the floor!
I guess string is ONE way to fix it!
I glued and clamped and left them sit for a couple of days in our basement work shop.
 
Next, I sanded and began the painting process.
After all were painted, my sweet husband took
them to the garage (heated of course) and
sprayed 2 coats of poly on them.
I love the color and am thrilled to have 4 more
chairs that will definatly "stand out" at our
Thanksgiving table!!

No comments:

Post a Comment