Friday, November 9, 2012

I Am Teaching...

My youngest daughter to make ricotta cheese
tonight! I am excited that she will have this
easy recipe to fall back on for get togethers.
 
Here is a link to the blog article I posted when I made ricotta the first time.
 
 
 
 
And a recipe for the finished cheese that my family LOVES!
 
 
Baked Ricotta Spread…..
2 Cups Freshly Made Ricotta
2 cloves garlic, that you will shave on a zester
2 Tble Heavy Cream
¼ Cup fresh herbs….I use Basil, or Thyme or Parsley, or a combo or any.
1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Put the olive oil in the bottom of an oven proof ceramic dish suitable for a 2 cup volume. In a separate bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients, making sure to chop the fresh herbs finely….place in the baking dish. Bake at 325* for a20minutes. [I then transferred to a fondue dish to enable keeping it really warm throughout the meal] and serve with a crusty bread, or whole wheat crackers….it will be a huge hit!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment