Friday, February 15, 2013

Lenton Challenge

I have a challenge for all those whom are giving something up for Lent.
 
I personally keep these things between my Lord and Myself, as I feel "sacrificing" should be.
(I don't think we truly sacrifice a lot in this day and age as others before us did)
 
BUT, my challenge to all who "put it out there" for all to know is:
 
If you are giving up something that cost you money, i.e. soda, food, events, hobbies, etc.,
put the money aside that you would have spent on that cappuccino, or food or whatever, and at the end of the season, DONATE that $100 or how ever much you saved by not doing what you gave up and give it to a local homeless shelter or St. Judes or a Missionary or your local Hope Life Center, or to a needy family.
You get the picture.
 
After all, when our Lord sacrificed His life, it was not for HIS gain, but ours! He gave it away for our lives to be eternally with Him.
 
Let's follow His example.

No comments:

Post a Comment