Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas.....is coming......fast!!!


I am in the throws of getting ready for the big day. Tree is up and decorated. Mantle is beautifully endowed with many, many stockings and lights. And two small trees wait patiently for many small hands to embellish it with love, ornaments and strings of clutter.
I am making a few of my gifts this year. Doggie treats for the canine in the family, some super cool S'more kits, and herb garden boxes. I will try to get the pictures and instructions up yet this week for those who would like to try them also.
Each year since the passing of my Father, we have my Maa come to our Christmas Morning festivities.....which include a huge breakfast, consisting of freshly made biscuit's and sausage gravy, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, coffee and juice. I am not sure why this is our traditional breakfast, other than our Son loves biscuits and gravy and our daughter loves cinnamon rolls, and it seems logical to make what they love because I love them so.
The table this year will be a copy of a picture I found from Real Simple Magazine. The picture above is the one I found and will be the inspiration for our Christmas table this year.....how cute is that!!!!!!
Our most important "tradition" is that before we begin anything on Christmas Morning, we open our Bibles, someone reads the Christmas Story (last year was Aiden's first time!) and my wonderful, Godly husband prays over our family, the day and gives glory to our Savior. This is the tradition that I love the most....the reason for life. The reason for love. The hope of nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment