Friday, April 29, 2011

Are you Symmetrical or Asymmetrical ?????

Why you ask??? Well, it does make a difference in your decorating, art, the way you "see" things, etc.

I, personally, am a TOTAL asymmetrical person. I love asymmetrical art. When I take photos, they are more often than not, taken in an asymmetrical way.

My fireplace is adorned in an asymmetrical way, with a huge mirror, not in the centre of the mantle, but hung off to one side, with a small picture and clock off to one side. In fact, I find that any grouping of photos or mirrors in my house are hung that way.


What is the difference you ask....well, here are a couple of examples:



The first picture of Mother/Daughter is a great example of an Asymmetrical photo....which leaves room at one side for the amazing building and background.
The second picture of Mother/Daughter is a Symmetrical one.
Both are good pictures, but my heart is drawn directly to the first one....I am just an of kilter kinda gal!

Have a superb weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment