Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Something Old, Something New........




Something not borrowed or blue!

I took an hour a couple of weeks ago and snuck into and antique shop (probably to drown my sorrows after the 3 munchkins left with their Mommy to NOLA) and found the most beautiful frame hanging there just telling me (not audibly, because that would mean there is something terribly wrong with me!) to choose it for a project that I had been working on for our Daughter and Son-In-Law.

I had done a photo shoot with the two newlyweds for their 1 year anniversary and the pictures were just adorable, as the couple is, and I decided to take one of those photos and make it a canvas print.


Interruption here: They do not know about this yet, so don't tell them!!!! Oh wait! Amanda reads my blog....oops!! They know now!


The canvas turned out sooo nice, and I thought it would be even more wonderful with an antique frame. Thus the sneak to the antique shop........and what a score!





As you can see, it is a bit beat up and not at all the color that they would like, so off to my backyard to change the color and make it an amazing creamy white that just looks so stunning with the black and white canvas..............












The frame is still aged, still a bit beat up, but I think that just adds to the beauty. I find it to symbolize the walking off into their future, hand in hand to spend many, many years growing old together.








Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment