Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Clock Make Over!

I bought a new clock for the living room.
For some reason, this event did not make national news!!!
Really!??!
Ok, so my life NEVER makes national news but I am
pretty ok with that.
The clock really is new for me and I am excited
to share with you about it.
 
On a trip to Ikea while in Chicago leaving for our trip,
I saw the most amazing blue clock.
Like make my heart beat really fast kind of clock.
However, the clock was HUGE and cost $50.
They had a smaller version, but only in tan, that
cost a mere $11 which fit my budget so much better.
So, I bought the beige/tan clock and knew I could
make it as stunning as the huge one.
 
This is what I did:

This is the clock...pretty as is, but I really wanted blue.
 
 
First, I took off the ring and glass. I had to protect the face of the clock, so I did it with blue painters tape to ensure that I would not tear the face.

Not gonna lie... this was a pain in the neck!

I then took it down to the work shop in the basement and spray painted it a wonderful shade of blue.
I believe it is really close to the shade that the large clock was....aaaaand probably by now they have gotten in a shipment of small blue ones and I just was not patient enough to wait! Who Me? Not patient?
 
I am in love with my new clock!
Eleven dollars, some spray paint, and a small amount of patience....and voile'!!





Impatient or not, I DO have one really good looking clock!!


1 comment:

  1. looks good is that blue paint== shut upppppppp lol does look good-

    ReplyDelete