Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Big Plans?

I am planning on making my own Ricotta cheese for my baked ricotta spread that I will be placing on my food table for our Christmas Luncheon this coming Sunday....I have to admit, I am pretty excited to try this!!
I have not made cheese of any kind before, as it is just easy to pick it up from the dairy case in the local supermarkets! BUT, this time I am going to jump in and make my own yummy Ricotta!!! I am STOKED!!!
Here is a version of the recipe that I will be using.....
I will take pictures, document the process and post it for you in the next few days.....YAHOO!!!!! [can you tell that I am just a little excited!!]
No?
We I am!!!! I would turn a few cartwheels, except I am sitting at a desk and that makes it impossible....but in my heart and mind, I am on my 10th cartwheel!!

4 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons good white wine vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment