Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Re-Post Of My DIY Smore Kits!

I posted this last Christmas Season and thought this was worth re-posting for you all, just in case you are in need of a last minute gift to give to someone special! Enjoy!!















Alright...here is my version of a "S'more" gift package. I have seen this 2 other times, once from where I cannot remember (and it looks little like mine) and the other was on HGTV, in which they went the route of a "hobo" style look, and in which I wanted a much more pleasant gift to give, so I got my creative juices flowing and made my own. I found these perfect boxes while shopping at Wal-mart, the cost was $3 for 5 boxes, which I found to be reasonable.First, I braved the cold (really cold!) winds yesterday, and went out to my favorite bush, which happens to be 10 feet tall! It is a snow ball bush that my Father planted for my Mother some 40 years ago, and I insisted must stay put when we got the land and built our home there....not sure the deliver drivers were as thrilled with my bush during the building process! But I digress.Back to the S'mores! I whittled the "sticks" to a point on one end to allow for the roasting of the marshmallows. That of course is the reason that the 2 votive candles are included in the gift...for the roasting process!Next, I put the marshmallows in a cute clear plastic bag found in any craft department of many stores, and closed it with a cutie pie snow flake seal. I put the chocolate bars in fun glassine bags, which I made myself, as I do not live at all close to a store that sells glassine bags, and did not want to order over the Internet and pay the outrageous shipping charges....soooooooooooooo, again I put my creative juices to work and made my own. *I will post another blog about that process at another date.Finally, graham crackers packaged in cello bags and loaded into the box!I am in love with the dark brown tissue paper that I used which I found through Oriental Trading and bought when they had a no shipping charge day. The label is simply one that I found as a free printable on the Internet and really liked. The "string" is a hemp that I tied the roasting sticks together with and also used to tie the box closed with a simple bow.I hope that this helps you with an idea for a homemade gift to give, anytime of the year, not just for Christmas. Any questions, just leave a comment and I will try to get the answer to you as quickly as possible!!



*P.S. I don't think I ever posted on making my own glassine bags...I am putting that on my list of "to do's" and really will post for you all the info on making those pretty bags for soooooooooo cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment