Thursday, December 29, 2011

All That Shines....Well, Candle Holders Anyway!!

Making Everyday Things Extra Special!
I am in love with Mercury Glass….cannot get enough, love the sparkle and shine, love the silver, love it over and over again!!
Have I said that I love mercury glass?? No?
Well, I do!! When I decorate my rooms, it is the "go to" glitter that I love to put in a room to bring in that bling an sparkle, and glamor that I love!! Sigh....... it is pricey at times, and for the most part, difficult to find. BUT! I have found an alternative that, while not the same, hits the same notes, and in the right venue, looks wonderful! Looking glass paint!! I found mine at Hobby Lobby, and if you sign up for their e-mails, you can get coupons for 40% off any one item or free shipping and with the perfect storm, you can do both! That is what I did, getting free shipping and 40% off of the paint, as I do not live in a town with a local Hobby Lobby.






Soooooo I took 3 differing sizes of votive or tea light holders, (I always use tea lights, to avoid having to clean melted on wax out of my candle holders) and went down to my basement…the area that is for crafts and woodworking, not the area that is our family room! I put the votives on an area that will not be wounded by wandering spray paint,




and spritzed them all with a bit of water.












This keeps the votives from an all over even spray, and gives it a bit of an antiqued surface.

Spray the looking glass paint on the inside of the cups, and the water prevents the paint from sticking to every area, giving you the look you want!
Allow to dry, and voila!
A look that is amazing! All for the low, low price of…ummm free?
Free for me, as I already had all the materials, but for you, about 50 cents, as you can find clear glass votives at any thrift store for 5 to 10 cents each, and you will get many, many uses out of the can of spray paint!

Making that table, buffet or counter look extra special for the ones you love is so much easier and inexpensive, it is almost criminal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment