Friday, May 25, 2012

Do You Ever??????????

Do you ever try to over achieve?
Do you ever try to do to much?
Do you ever just want to sit and do nothing?
I do, I do, I do.
I am naturally an over achiever.
I often try to do to much.
I  want to sit and do nothing, but,
my other two "faults" often prevent me from doing the third.
For example:
On a simple Thursday afternoon I:
Finished work (I am on staff at a church as an office manager)
Bought groceries
Cooked dinner
Took my Mom into town (we live 9 miles out of town)
Served dinner
Made homemade BBQ sauce to use and to freeze
Made soft butter for the fridge
Cleaned the floors
Did laundry
Cleaned the kitchen
and a multitude of other small tasks
All before 5pm.
I work until 2.
And now I sit and feel guilty that I did not do more!
Am I nuts?????
Am I normal????
I think I need a vacation!!!
But would I just sit and relax?
Probably not. Possibly. Hmmmmm, can I get back to you on that????

Oh, I forgot, I did not show you the outcome of our
Mother's Day Design!
Here you go!!!
 I truly love the colors of the table!

 She is 5 now, so it was very important to her to use her knife & fork properly!
 How sweet of him to make sure that his drink matched the table decor!!!!
And of course, an after dinner story from an amazing Great Auntie!!

1 comment: