Thursday, May 24, 2012

Randomness

First random information:
Making real butter soft for everyday use!
Yes, that is random, but something that I want to try since
we prefer the real thing and never use margarine in our house.
Right now, I buy it (you know, 3 ingredients, butter, salt & canola or olive oil)
But I am sure that I can save money by doing it myself.
Soooooo, here is the recipe:
2 sticks of room temp butter
1/4 C oil (olive or canola)
1/4 C filtered water
Whip the butter till light and fluffy
Add in oil in stream till incorporated
Do the same with the water.
Store in air tight container in the fridge.
Now how easy is that!!!!!

While in the UP of MI, I finally met our daughter's friend Sara.
I have been told alot about her, but this was my first time
having the opportunity to really get to know her.
What a lovely lady. Mother of 4, and an amazing baker!
Here is a display of her cupcakes which she made for "T"'s
graduation party.....just spectacular!

I have a to do list that is a mile and a half long!
Why, oh why do we do that to ourselves?
I hope that I will accomplish at least a few of these things during the long weekend....but sitting about, being lazy on a Monday home with my husband sounds so much better than being busy with to do lists!


No comments:

Post a Comment