Monday, July 9, 2012

The Big "P"

I saw this done on another blog,
and knew that I wanted to try!
You see, finding typography wall art is pretty
easy these days, and super cute on the wall,
BUT, if your last name begins with the letter P,
finding typography wall art is nearly impossible!
So, when I saw this "do it yourself" idea at
gardners 2 bergers blog spot, I knew I had to try!

Here is how it's done.
I bought a sheet of poster board at Wal-Mart for 93 cents
printed out the Letter P in the font I wanted from
a normal copy machine.
cut out 2 identical letters in which I had stapled together
so that there were no slips during the process.
Then I cut 2 inch strips from the remaining poster board.
Why 2 inches? that is how thick I wanted the letter to be.
I taped it all together, which was a quick and easy process.


 Next, I had a paper mache' experience. Two layers if you please.
This made the letter solid as can be.......
HOWEVER: When I do this again, I will use a much
heavier cardboard to make the letter with, as mine
kinda wrinkled from the wetness of the paper mache' experience.
OK, back to the craft at hand.
As you can see in this picture, I did have a typography
letter on my wall, which, I found in Door County WI.
It cost $15. The one that I made, cost 93 cents.
Size difference? Yes there is! I love my original, it is metal,
but I am quite sure that I over paid, but what's a girl gonna do
when you can't find the letter P anywhere?
Oh, wait, that's right, make my own!
Yes I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment