Thursday, July 19, 2012

PARTY PRETTIES

We had a birthday party on Sunday for my Mother!
Why not make her day extra special by putting things on pretty plates,
in pretty containers and doing bright colors!!

None of the "special effects" cost a penny!
All the plates, jars and stands were ones that I already had.

Here's how it went.....

Decorations...fun colors of napkins wrapping the plastic table ware.


Homemade banners sewn from scrap material.

Hydrangeas from my garden.

A potted Ivy that I had received for Mother's Day.

 Food...all the things that are my Mom's favorites!
Caprese Salad, baked squash, roasted green beans
chicken skewers, brie cheese with rosemary crackers,
potato salad, corn on the cob & BBQ beef sandwiches.



 Dessert Table....
Apple Pear Crisps baked in small canning jars
along with Lemon Chiffon Dessert in more jars 
 Cake balls (don't judge me for my drips, hehehe)
Yes, when you are in a hurry, drips happen!

And the dessert table!




And let's not forget the party favors!
Small bags of my Mom's favorite candies
for our guests to take home with them!



So you can see, you can throw a party that will make the birthday person
feel extra special without breaking the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment