Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Done and Doing

I have been away for a few days.
3 to be exact.
A Mother / Daughter long weekend spent
in the frozen tundra (Green Bay WI)
and boy oh boy oh boy was it frozen!
-1 with a wind chill of 30 below zero!
I ran alot. There was a definite need to get
from point a to point b in the fastest way possible!
I had a blast. I bought some really amazing things.
All things purchased were at least 50% off
if not much more.
I will show you the amazing finds in the next few days.
 
And in the "doing" department, my husband
and I have begun the job of building "built ins"
to flank both sides of our fireplace.
Yes, that is correct.
Yes, I am more than excited.
Yes, I want them done yesterday!
patience is NOT my best gift.
ahem.
 
And last, but not by any means least
we had a party at our house (shocking I know)
the Sunday before I left on our trip.
My Father In Law had a birthday and
got the most amazing hat brought
back from New Orleans, bought in a
Harley shop in the French Quarter.
Did you guess that we bought it for him
NO? Well we did and it was so amazing!
 So amazing in fact that shortly after my FIL
recived his hat...he treated us to a light show!
Yes He Did!
Well, he started a basket filled with candy
on fire, in the middle of the dinning room table.
That counts as a light show right?
Here is the smoky after math....
 
 
 
I would have gotten the light show on film
but I was too busy doubling over with laughter.
A perfectly normal response to fire in one's home
I am sure.
My FIL is fine, and it will be a very memorable
party for him for sure!
I am so grateful that I have in-laws that I can
laugh with and hug and make lots of fun
foods for! I am blessed!

1 comment: