Tuesday, January 1, 2013

On The Road & Blessed


We are currently on our way home from a fast trip to New Orleans,
it was fun, full of hugs and kisses, laughter and joy. We were sorry that it had to be so short,
but we are grateful that we were able to go at all!
Our experiences were “Grate” and the people that we spent our time with are amazing!
 (Yes, the grate really is that color!!)
We visited a Jamaican restaurant and my husband was a up for new things…I on the other hand had the worst tummy day (thanks to eating a banana with my morning medication…bad idea!) so I played it very safe with salad and chips. We also ate at a wonderful Mexican tacoria in the French Quarter proper and had great food. Also the local CafĂ© Mesparo, the most wonderful local French Quarter establishment that is laid back and full of wonderful staff people and the best (everything fried) catfish, oysters, calamari and all the fixings.
Our 9 year old “A” fixed dinner one night, I will post more on that later…he is such a great child!
On many occasions in which we visit, I get the chance to serve at the church (FBNO) in which our family attends…but this time it was my husband who got the chance, he was blessed to be  a part of the worship service on Sunday morning….singing with our son and the others of the church…so cool!
We walked (a lot) cause that’s what you do in New Orleans….narrow streets, TONS of people and very limited parking make for walking to be a must….and our 4, 5 and 9 year old did no complaining  about the 7 mile a day hikes we took…they are just the best.
I am always grateful to get back to my own bed after time away, but this time, I was more than willing to take a lot more time away, and yet that was not to be. Sigh. Missing the mornings of 4 in the bed at once, the giggles and the snuggles.
But, life must be where God wants us to be,
and for now, I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment