Thursday, April 18, 2013

This & That

I have been absent for a couple of days,
the reasons are lovely and sorrowful.
 
First, our son flew up from Austin to Chicago
on a job related trip, and we were blessed to be
able to head into Chicago on Monday night and
treat him to dinner. The conversation flowed and
we laughed a lot! I find such joy in being a parent
and really love our adult children.
 
Second, our oldest Daughter's Husband, Tom
has suffered the passing of his Father. Gerald was
diagnosed with end stage leukemia 5 weeks ago and
given 3 months to live. He passed away in the night
Monday. We are headed for the funeral tomorrow.
Wonderfully so, Gerald had given his life to our
Savior Jesus Christ in his last days and will live
in heaven for eternity, praise Him!
 
As you can imagine, life has been a bit crazy the past
few days and will continue thru the weekend.
 
I did however manage to get my Mother's Day Dinner
all planned, décor and food are on paper and that
makes it so much easier for me having plans done.
 
 
And for my own pleasure, I found this amazing picture and will re-create this on our deck as a date night with my amazing husband (as soon as life stops spinning out of control and the rain stops and the weather warms up and.....well, you get the picture!)
google search picture...source unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment