Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Yard Work

I spent a few hours in the yard
picking up sticks....exciting right?
Not so much.
You see, we built our home on the land
that I lived on when I was born.
So I cleaned up after these trees when I
was a child and I am STILL cleaning up
after these trees today!!
I do not like it any more now than
I did then. Call me crazy, but I don't believe
that anyone grows into joyfully cleaning up the yard.
 Front Yard sticks..
 
Mom's side yard sticks. And yes, I picked up every one!
On a brighter note, this tree was planted by my Dad
when I was pregnant with my son.

 
I cannot believe that enough time has passed to make
this tree this big!!! It was a foot tall when my Dad
planted it! It must be at least 80 feet tall now.
Sigh.
Didn't my husband and I just bring our little boy home from the hospital like last week????
 
The yard is picked up. We now have enough of a pile of branches that a very large bon fire is in our very near future and even tho our son is no longer a baby, he is still as handsome as he was back when he used to walk by my side, down the road to my parents house to help clean up the yard.....
I think I must be in need of more children to get me out of the yard work!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment