Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Am Home, Tired & Have Lots To Say

But I will start off slowly.
It was a hard week for the most part, lots of work and my Fibro did not keep silent. But God has such an amazing way to put all things into perspective.
I was, after all, sticking my feet into the warm soft grass of Austin Texas, along with two beautiful young ladies!
 Yes, I know that I only have one foot in, but I had to lean back to get the pic.
Was this what put my mind off of my aches and pains and back where it belongs? no
 
This is what did it.
This tree brought me to an emotionally overwhelmed space deep within me.
A simple tree with ordinary push pins holding dried starfish with a name attached.
Not a single name on it did I recognized.
Many pins had already lost their names and stars.
More than likely, no one checks to see if a name is missing.
Hundreds upon hundreds of people pass this tree every day.
While I stood there looking at the names, pins and stars
many people walked past but did not stop to look or even notice the tree.
What is this you ask?
 
It is a memorial to the Homeless People who have died in Austin.
A small plaque lies at the foot of the tree, worn by the weather and years of being neglected.
My heart is broken for the people that this plaque and tree represent. Also for the living homeless who are on the streets of all of our home towns.
This tree moved me to a place I don't want to forget.
If you think of it, pray for those who are homeless in your town, state and our country.
After all, we all deserve to be loved.
Everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment