Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Niece & Stuff....

My Niece is again having a surgery today, this time on her left leg. The "thigh" bone is fractured in 3-4 places and needs to be stabilized.
Her ICP (inter-cranial pressure) has been at about a 12 with spikes up to 17....with a brain injury the Dr's do not want it to rise above 10. We are praying fervently for a reduction in her number - however today will probably not be the day for that as they will have her lying flat for the surgery which could last up to 3 hours.

Yesterday was my Mother-In-Law's birthday! I was in Rockford with my niece after getting my Mom to the Dr. for a conference....so I did not make it over to my MIL's house for the big day....I intend to rectify that with a special dessert for her that will make her feel spoiled! She deserves to be spoiled!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORETTA!!

Yesterday I was not feeling strong. I was feeling overwhelmed. I do not often go "there", but yesterday I did. You know....missing my husband because he has to work through all of this, housework needing to be done (hubby cleaned toilets! he's a keeper!!) but I am not there to do it, taking my Mom back and forth to her Dr., working, driving, no down time, life is overwhelming.
But my sweet daughter "A" gave me this quote and I am feeling so much better now:

I made up this chalkboard picture, if you would like to you have my permission to make a copy of this and print it out as you would like!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. well god wants you to use common sense to help him help you so'' don't push it to far ♥ we love you ----i know you feel obligated to be there but that only good to a point-- she is in good hands an it's a hour and a half away if your needed --god js still there when your not ; as he is now' and i'm thinking it pretty well in his hands now any way '' we love her as you do' but but right now there is not much one can do for her till she shows some signs'' just don't over do it on your self hon

    ReplyDelete