Thursday, October 3, 2013

Throw Back Thursday!

I wanted to re-share this post with you....
I am in need of a slow down and realize that a simple joy is very, very important to me right now with all that is going on in my life.

Original post: 1/6/12
Simple Joy
I have decided to take a moment now and again to share something that simply brings me joy. I am not sure how often it will be, whether weekly, every so often, or when I am just feeling the need to slow down and realize that simple joys are a very important part of our lives.
By simple Joy, I mean, that thing that will bring a smile to your face when you simply walk by it, glance at it or purposely gaze at it to feel the joy necessary in a tough day.
We all have simple joys, none are exactly the same, some things that I find as a simple joy may seem, ummmmmmmmm, odd to you (surely not) but that is the cool thing about them, they are meant just for you!
Paula Payne: Photographer

I am starting this by showing you a picture of a VERY special little lady in my life “O”. She is the most beautiful 4 yr old in the world, and I have this picture on my living room wall. I had taken a trip this past September and had the great pleasure of taking her to dance class. In this photo, she did not know that I was behind a camera lens.
In fact, I do not believe that she was aware of anyone around her….you see, she was having a simple joy in her life….twirling!
 
I am quite sure that we are all in need of a bit of twirling in our lives, but we grow up, and believe that if we were to ‘twirl’ out in public (gasp!) someone would surely hall us away to the loony bin!
So, this is my simple joy that I am sharing with you today….this picture, that brings me such joy, lightens my heart and can even make my cry with emotion. What is one of your simple pleasures today?
Share with me!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment