Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Linda's Journey & More

Just a couple of photos and a quick update.

As I type, my Niece, Linda is in route from the rehab center that she has been in that is a bit over 1 1/2 hours from us to another rehab center that is 20 minutes from us!!! Woot! Woot! She will receive more advanced physical therapy and hopefully this will be her last stop before home. She will likely not be as she was before, but she is much, much closer than we ever hoped for 2 months ago.
Linda has no memory of the accident or her time in ICU. 7 weeks of her life does not exist to her. She knows everyone, remembers much before the accident and still talks with a bit of a slur. Her right leg is still VERY painful and does not work well at all. Her right arm has no strength but dexterity is there in her hand. We are hopeful that the physical therapy will correct some of this and thankful for whatever she gets. God has been very good to her.

I am including a couple of pictures of Amanda's party décor and the open shelving that we now have in our FINISHED kitchen......I know, I know....I promised finished pictures but one has to be home to get those things done! I promise to get pictures taken this week and up on the blog. PROMISE!

To get this kind of writing, simply print out the font you want, cover the BACK of the paper with chalk, put chalk side down on your board and trace the font with a pencil! The outline will be on the chalk board and you simply fill it in! Easy Peasy!!!
I simply found a free printable with the flag letters that I wanted and printed them, backed them with craft paper and taped them to twine! A lovely banner!
 

I love the white subway tile that backs my over the sink lighting. The fixture was originally white but I needed color....ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
And ladies....I laid every single tile myself. Grouted every line myself.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!  Take on that project that you always wanted to do but were concerned that you would not be able to.....You Can!!!!

Open Shelving. I love the "Pottery Barn" look baskets that I scored for seven bucks each! I will be bringing up the rest of my dishes from the basement so the middle and bottom shelves are subject to change, but for now, I really like the minimal and colorful look!
 
Have a lovely Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment