Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Something Old, Reworked & Something New

I have this lamp, you know, the one the ducks were gossiping about, that needed a change.

It was just too dark for the corner of the living room that is our "office area" which just got the recent turquoise table.

I decided to paint it. Spray paint to the rescue again. Nothing is less expensive that gives the kind of impact that it can.

I first prepared the lamp for painting by taping the top socket to keep it from getting painted along with the lamp. And also the cord - wrapping with a paper napkin that came home with us from a Cajun restaurant was my choice.

Next simply spray paint.

To my surprise, the base of this lamp is made of terra cotta. Who Knew??? The bad news - it is cracked. All the way around. Sigh.

I painted it anyway, and am not sure it helped. It lightened it up well, but I must get a new shade, as the one that came with is just to fussy for the new color.

Now I have had this lamp for years, and it can be used in another room if I end up REALLY despising it and replace it with another used lamp that I make my own.

But till then, a new shade for five bucks will be my final course of action for the lamp.

And my something new?

A lovely rug! The dog (Ernie) had dropped the blanket from the sofa, and I chose to not pick it up for the picture, since this is the norm for our home. The dogs take over until the weekend and then I put things back, but this past weekend we were down with Linda, so dogs rule.

What a life!   
 

1 comment:

  1. What a WONDERFUL post:) your blog Is SO inspiring

    Check out my blog today….stylish Swedish fireplaces:)

    Have a great weekend dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete