Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Let Me Tell You Wednesday

Let me tell you about a couple of the pictures that I published here on Monday!

This is a little bird that used to belong to my Grandma Myatt.

She was my Dad's Mother. My grandparents lived in another state so we would only see them a few times a year.

One visit while we were there during the Christmas season when I was very young, probably about 5, I kept going to their tree and just putting one little finger out touching these little sparkly birds. My Grandma must have observe me a time or two that day because as we were leaving, she gave me  a small tissue paper wrapped gift for my birthday. (My birthday is Dec. 22nd)

Carefully wrapped in the tissue were the two small bird ornaments.

They are my treasure now, getting a bit worn, loosing their "sparkle" but still a great treasure to me.



The gifts that I snapped photos of (photos are completely un-edited by the way) are so pretty! The small tag on the larger gift is wooden! Custom with our names on them. I ordered them from Pick Your Plum. They painted our names on them and I think they are just lovely!

I love to find unique things like these to make something special, extra special!
Because my goal is to make memories with my family and when I am no longer on this earth, they will have memories as I do of my Grandparents each time I lovingly walk by our tree and reach out a finger and touch the sparkly little birds. {yes, I still do} And I smile. O.K. I cry at times to, but they are tears of joy.





The wrapping paper was bought at Target and I just fell in love with the simplicity of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment