Thursday, April 3, 2014

DIY Backyard Bench

I spent 6 hours in the E.R. with my Mother last night, all is well, nothing serious just some digestive issues for her. Thank goodness that it was all good by the time we left.

But, it was six hours spent in a hospital....not able to relax, or do anything except wait on others. Ugh. Not how I wanted to spend my Wednesday.

So, since I did have time while there to get on FB, I received this idea from a sweet friend who lives in Austin Texas.
 couch_diag

Be Happy Be Me blog spot has all the instruction for this super simple project!

Now, I would like to throw in my direction on how to save a bit of cash while making this.

Dai (from behappybeme) uses separate seat cushions for her out door sofa. They are wonderful, but cost her $120 for the seat cushions alone.
I wanted to find a way to cut that cost.
Here is what I found....at Menards, they have outdoor bench cushions that cost $22 each and are a full bench length. They are only 3" thick, so you may want to stack two together. Even if you do purchase two, your cost would be $44! That is a savings of seventy six dollars!
Now, if you would like to save even a bit more, an inexpensive piece of scrap plywood laid over the 4x4's will afford you the opportunity to use just ONE of the 3" cushions!

Additionally, Dai spent Ten dollars each on 4x4's eight foot long for a total of $30. Menards has eight foot landscaping timbers at a cost of $2.97 each. If you were to go with the timbers, you can cut another $21 off of the cost of the bench.

Also Joann fabrics has super cute outdoor fabric on sale this week for $8 a yard with a coupon for an additional 15% off your entire order. In store or online.
Like this super cute pattern.....
 
I sure can picture some amazing pillows out of this beauty!
 
I will let you know when I get my outdoor bench done and will surely have pictures for you!
 
I was not paid in any way to endorse Menards or Joann Fabric. These are just a couple of available stores in my home town that I use and have what is needed for this particular project.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment