Thursday, February 5, 2015

New Use For An Old Jelly Cabinet

We were in desperate need of storage in the extended bathroom since the hall linen closet was sacrificed for bedroom space.

A dear friend of mine had bought a home and in the basement the previous owners had left this antique jelly cabinet.

She offered it to me, I with enthusiasm said yes!

Fast forward some years and I have a new purpose for this cabinet!



However, after scrubbing the inside, I felt the need for a bit of color!


And out came the turquoise paint which I paled a bit with a few splashes of white.


Loved it, but felt it needed to be "antiqued" a smidge.

Walnut stain to the rescue!

Paper toweling and a light hand does the trick!

Simply rub the stain (in the direction of the longest area of the boards) onto the fully dried paint and then wipe off immediately, leaving the level of "antiquing" you desire!

The above photo shows well the stain.




And yes I do have a chandelier in my bathroom

Doesn't everyone?

No? 

Seriously????


I love my new storage cabinet and I am sure that it will very quickly fill up!

No comments:

Post a Comment