Friday, November 19, 2010

Ducks In A Row......



Sorry for the time off....I have be smitten with a bit of a cold and feeling yucky. (that is the proper wording for it....hehehe)
Well, it is less than a week away from our annual Thanksgiving Dinner!! I have my book (recipes and menu) ready, well, that has been ready for a few weeks, as I make out my menu and it is in stone, no changes...ahem...well, one small one this year.
The table extensions are up, and I am ready to roll!!! It will be small this year, only 12. However, we did have a Thanksgiving dinner last week with out of town family.
How about you? Are you looking forward to your time with family and friends?? I sure am.....I put up a picture of our daughter and son-in-law to depict the looking forward that I am feeling about Thanksgiving this year. I am not sure I am "longing" as seems to be shown in the picture, but wait, maybe I am! Longing to show Christ to our family. Longing to spoil them. Longing to show love, be loved and laugh, as we do so much at family gatherings.
I am grateful, loved, content and fullfilled. God is so good. this has been a rough year, this year of 2010, but it has grown us, strengthened us and made us even more grateful. Life really is GOOD with God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment