Friday, November 5, 2010

Thankful Friday


This is the month in which we all turn our thoughts to being thankful. I, however, have been deep in study of Gratitude for about a year now and have even taught a class on it. Gratitude journals are a great thing...we have sooooo much to be greatful for in this life. I believe that the Lord turned my thoughts that way to prepare me for the past 8 months of un-predictable situations, sorrows, and loss of many things.

Gratitude. If I were to write out all things that I am grateful for, there very well may not be enough hours in my day to do so. If I were to write out my frustrations and angers, it would probably fill a page of a notebook. Funny how that is. When I am frustrated or angry, it seems that it is all consuming and nothing is bigger than it is.....but really????

God has shown me this one thing....NEVER DOUBT IN THE DARKNESS WHAT GOD HAS SHOWN ME IN THE LIGHT. Your truth? My truth? Do I see that when I am in that state of darkness? If I allow God too, He will remind me of it....He is good that way. But, my mind has to be bent in that direction, not fully focused on the one page of frustrations and anger, but still remembering the endless lists of gratitude. If I leave that open, even just alittle, God will show His light and illuminate all the lists of gratefullness and soon, I can focus clearly on Him. My countenance is brightened and life is much easier to deal with.

Gratitude....a wonderful, life changing event.

No comments:

Post a Comment