Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mom's Party Decor

The party was a success! All had a great time, lots to eat and caught up on the busy lives that we all live.
 
My goal was to decorate with things that had meaning to my Mom, so here is what I did. (all DIY and SUPER CHEAP TO DO!!)
 
 Above, was the "memory tree" which is a large branch that my husband cut from our maple tree and my daughter and I painted with 88 cent a can white spray paint. I gave her a few strands of white Christmas lights and a couple of bushes of dollar "silk" flowers which she pulled apart and then stuck the separated petals over each light. I then wrapped the flower lights around the painted branch and my daughter re-applied the flowers to the lights as 1/4 of them fell off when I wrapped....who knew?

 I then hung small "islet" pots (.99 each at Ikea) with a single bud of hydrangea inside which were cut from my bush.


 Behind the table I put large pictures (engineering prints) which were printed at my local staples. They were of my Mom crocheting and things that are special to her like her kerosene lamps, etc.



 In the middle of each table were simple, un-hemmed, printed material pieces that were all differing patterns but all in the same color scheme. The "vases" were canning jars (my Mom has canned all her life and loves to do it) filled with orange day lilies cut from Mom's yard.

 The large (rather ugly) construction water coolers were just to awful to consider without sprucing them up a bit....so I bought a one dollar roll of wrapping paper that fit the color scheme I had going on and my daughter "wrapped" the coolers! Cutting out for the handles and spigots, they worked nicely.... coordinating cups and straws & the eye-sores were averted!!

 On the food table were simple canning jars that I colored with food dye and painted the rings to match. More flowers from my yard and it just added a bit to the table.

 Small buckets bought from the dollar isle at Target were the holders for the plastic silverware...again in the fun colors that were spotted throughout the area.

99 cent picture frames gave the guests the information that they needed for the day. Such as the menu, water or lemonade, where to put the cards, etc.

I love that it was personal to my Mom with the color "flair" that I am know in my family for! It was a great day, filled with pretty color, lovely things, friends and a wonderful family.

 
Any questions on any of this DIY party décor?
Leave a comment and I will answer to the best of my ability!

No comments:

Post a Comment