Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Black Table

This is the black side table that I showed you yesterday. (dust, cobwebs and all!)

I had originally given it a place of honor in my kitchen, it had a long and useful life there.

Since we remodeled the kitchen, it just does not belong any more. (pouty lip) So I put it in the living room next to a lonely chair. However, the chair sits next to our desk, which is a very dark walnut (almost ebony) and a black framed mirror hangs above the chair. tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much black!

I also did not like the scalloped band around the top of the table. Outdated for sure.

I took my table to the operating room, also known as the work shop in the basement and started to dismantle the sweet little table.

Scalloped back is gone. Color is a true turquoise! Shocked? Me either. Does that mean that I am predictable? Probably.

Once the table was painted and dried and put back into place, I just could not handle the "one note" look of the paint.
So I took it out on the deck and did an aged look with dark stain.

Now that's better!

As you can see, it gives it a two dimensional paint layer and takes away that stark, almost shockingly plain look of a solid paint finish. There are times when the solid finish is defiantly what is needed but this just was not the time.

I love the color now and the way that it brightens the corner of the room.

Color is a great thing!   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment